- Decock Gilbert (1928-2007)
Gilbert Decock is a Belgian artist who studied at the Academy of Fine Arts of Bruges between 1946 and 1948. His work is geometrically abstract and limited to a white, black and grey colour palette. As of 1967 his compositions are reduced to the interaction of the circle and the square with the idea to reach the essential. During the 1990s, however, Decock introduced vivid colors and less rigid structures in his work.
- "Verticale" and "Diagonale"
- Oil on canvas mounted on panel
- Signed and dated on the back
- H 35,4 cm x W 35,4 cm (2)